Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I often think I was born with a book in my hand. I have always enjoyed reading, but more importantly, talking about books. This blog is partially about reviews, but is really a forum to talk about what I'm reading, and express all of the thoughts and feelings that there simply isn't room for in a professional review. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on your favourite books as you follow my reading journey.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

When Everything old is new again- the return of Macdonald Hall

I remember the first time I was introduced to Gordon Korman. I was 11 years old, and attending German Mills Public School, and Gordon Korman came to my school. Imagine my surprise and delight when I discovered that he was a student at my school, and close to my age when he wrote This Can't Be Happening At Macdonald Hall for an english assignment. From that moment on, I became a huge fan of his books, and especially of Bruno and Boots.

Bruno and Boots are best friends and roommates at a boarding school outside of Toronto called Macdonald Hall. They are mischevious pranksters, who enjoy playing jokes on the school, the teachers and their friends. Their partners in crime are Diane and Cathy, two young ladies who attend Miss Scrimmage's Finishing School for Girls, located across the road. The boys are watched by their strict headmaster Mr. Sturgeon (aka "The Fish") and the books follow their adventures (capers) at school and with their friends.

This new edition of Gordon Korman's now famous book arrives 33 years after its original publication, and it has stayed in print in one form or another consistently over this time. Best of all, these loveable trouble-makers never get old. We admire their antics, root for them to pull it off, and cheer when they do. Throw in some of today's technology and just imagine what kind of trouble they'll be able to find! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment